A Healthy Community | Articles
There are 13 Articles in this Issue. Click a blue title to read the full article.
- MEET RAFAEL MALPICA by Rafael Malpica
Summary: Rafael Malpica is the Director of Hospital Programs for Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital (GSHP) and Condell Medical Center. In this capacity he aligns both hospitals’ community programs...
- GOOD SHEPHERD HOSPITAL NAMED TO THE TOP 100 by AdvocateCQ
Summary: Read more!
- CENTER FOR HEALTH AND INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE by AdvocateCQ
Summary: Read this news release on the new center at Good Shepherd designed to promote health and healing.
- ADVOCATE OUTPATIENT CENTER IN LAKE VILLA by AdvocateCQ
Summary: We are excited to share that the Advocate Outpatient Center off Route 83 in Lake Villa is now open. This new facility offers convenient access to primary care, orthopedics and x-ray....
- TIPS FOR HEALTHY EATING WITH DIABETES by Victoria Lozano BSN, RN, CDCES
Summary: Healthy eating tips from Victoria for diabetics and anyone looking to have a healthier life.
- THE ADVOCATE TRAUMA RECOVERY CENTER by Victoria Smoter, Psy. D.
Summary: The Advocate Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) is a grant funded program that offers trauma-informed behavioral health and social services to survivors of intentional violence. The TRC is...
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS by Amy Paulus, FNP-BC
Summary: Tried and failed to lose weight? Your body may be working against you.
- GOD DOES NOT WILL OUR SUFFERING by Emily Ann Davis
Summary: When an 18-year-old child in Uvalde, Texas shot and killed 19 younger children and two teachers at the Robb Elementary School, I howled with grief on the floor of my church office. I had...
- MINISTRY IS CHANGING by Zach Baer
Summary: Ministry is changing. Like so many congregations, we at Living Waters Lutheran Church in Crystal Lake had to adapt to a global pandemic and how we share the grace of Christ. There have...
- COMMUNITY: ADVANCE AUTO VEHICLE SAFETY PROGRAM by AdvocateCQ
Summary: Advance Auto Parts partners with the Lake Zurich Police Department to provide vehicle safety incentives.
- CYCLING WITHOUT AGE — IT'S JUST LIKE RIDING A BIKE by Sharon Smith
Summary: If like most Americans, you learned to ride a bike as a kid, chances are you’d be able to ride a bike today with no re-training and not much practice… no matter how long it’s been since...
- GRACEPOINTE CHURCH CLOTHING CLOSET by Gracepointe Church
Summary: Through generous donations from church members, family and friends, the Gracepointe Clothing Closet shares the love of Christ by providing free, gently used clothing and household items...
- TRUSTED CARE IN THE NORTHWEST SUBURBS by Charlotte Dioguardi, MA, BSN, RN
Summary: The Breast Care Centers at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Advocate Condell and Advocate Sherman are committed to the prevention, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. We offer...