Vets and Friends Training Retreats: Be with People Who “Get It”
Join the growing number of veterans, families, friends, civilians and clergy who are learning the team approach to war-related Post-traumatic Stress Injuries – a unique approach that fosters Friendships and Post-traumatic Growth.
The next Vets and Friends Training Retreat will be held on 13 – 18 November at Camp Vermilion’s beautiful new retreat center in Cook, Minnesota – and You are invited.
The cost: Veteran - $250, accompanying family member(s) and friend(s) - $150, youth under 18 - $100, children under 6 free (Family Maximum - $500). Past attendees include representation from Korea to the present war and range in age from 8 – 85.
Stipends are available.
At a V&F Retreat participants learn from veterans, seasoned team trainers and group team leaders to:
- Understand Military Culture and “bridge the gap”.
- Learn Friendship and Advocacy Skills that build Safety and Trust.
- Identify Signs of Suicide and Provide Assistance.
- Understand Moral Injury.
- Address Post-traumatic Stress Injuries and the Predictable Ripple Effects.
- Foster Post-traumatic Growth for everyone and much, much more.
Become part of a growing network of people who “get it”.
If you have questions or want to register contact: Cindy Macaulay [email protected] or John Sippola [email protected]
Vets and Friends and RiSK Healing Connection Training Retreats are sponsored by Welcome Them Home – Help Them Heal nonprofit and co-sponsored by Voyageur Lutheran Ministries (Camp Vermilion).